Schuylkill Haven Hometown Heroes Banner Program; Phase II Now Open
The Borough of Schuylkill Haven will launch the Hometown Heroes Phase II Banner Program to honor area service men and women. It will include a Photo, Branch, Era/Years of Service. The program is non-political and non-partisan…designed as a living memorial to veterans, past and present, representing all branches of the military.
The Hometown Heroes Banner will be:
- On display from Memorial Day until November (date is at the discretion of Borough Management). Banners will be rehung for a guaranteed second year once again on Memorial Day.
- 24” wide x 48” high and will include the veteran photo plus related information printed on both sides.
- Located in Schuylkill Haven along Main Street and neighboring streets and thoroughfares.
- Including the Heroes name, branch, era, medals, and clearly marked with the sponsors name at the bottom of the banner.
Cost and Ordering Process
- The cost for each 24” x 48” banner is $185. That includes the veteran’s picture and related information.
- Photos supplied by the sponsoring family or business must be scanned along with related information filled out on the Order Form.
- The Veteran’s image must be scanned in JPEG format and emailed to SHHometownHeroes@gmail.com or stored on a nonreturnable flash drive to be delivered along with a check made payable to the Schuylkill Haven Borough in the amount of $185.00, No Later than March 1, 2024 to : Schuylkill Haven Borough, 333 Center Avenue, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972, C/O S.H. Hometown Heroes 2024
- Special Note: The better the photo the greater the quality of the reproduction. Sponsors may choose to substitute veteran-related information (beyond Branch of Military and Era of Service) in the absence of photograph.
Questions can be directed to SHHometownHeroes@gmail.com or call the Borough at 570 385 2841 for more information.
Ways to Support the Schuylkill Haven Hometown Heroes Banner Program Contributions toward the program will be graciously accepted and appreciated. A dedication will take place during the annual Memorial Day observance at Parkway. All those honored with a banner will be acknowledged during the ceremony.